Self-service BI is one of the hot topics of the moment. Microsoft offers a number of add-ins that integrate with Excel 2013 and Office solution 365.
The course provides an overview of Power BI applications, looking in detail at PowerQuery (ETL self-service tool), PowerPivot (model memory), and PowerView (self-service reporting).
- Introduction to PowerBI Desktop and Cloud
- Data import and data transformation: data sources and transformation operations
- How to build a model: data sources, calculated columns, hierarchies, calculated measures
- How to create simple measures
- Introduction to the DAX language
- How to create complex measures
- Visualizing the data
- It is suggested to attend the introductory course: Business Intelligence: all you need to know about methods, processes and tools
Participants will be able to exploit all the functionalities offered by this tool, and use it at a PRO level by learning the DAX language.This permits them to exploit the most advanced capabilities offered by Power BI